I do like surprises and when the surprise is an unexpected release from long time I Don't Hear A Single stalwart, Nick Piunti. I think I've covered every album here and he was with me before the 2016 start here. It started with a Sugarbush release of 13 In My Head on Vinyl in 2014.
He's even recorded a Live Session for here. So this 6 Track release is really welcome as I get the October Tsunami wave of Reviews in October going. Under The Wire does sound more laidback, not that Piunti has ever been afraid of such.
The story telling is as great as ever, you can imagine the story in your head of many songs. I simply mention laidback, because the man is a fine Guitarist in his own right and you marvel at the riffs and solos, but this release underlines the quality of his songwriting.
As ever with Piunti's albums, there is wall to wall quality, not one throwaway song in attendance, but as always a killer song and this time it is splendid Every Sorrow is the one here. Oozing with melody and a killer chorus, you'll be singing along in no time.
I Couldn't Reach You is stripped down and Acoustic and almost heartbreaking, You're Poison feels more Americana and Slow Learning simply aches. Along For The Ride has a great twang and slight slow Jangle to it. Hope You Got High is beautifully sung and again incredibly moving with a great solo.
Under The Wire feels very pensive, creating a mood that allows you to concentrate on the lyrical strength and underlining what a Singer Songwriter the man is. I'm constantly proud to be able to listen to his songs in admiration. Absolutely Wonderful!
You can listen to and buy the album here. It is available to download at Name Your Price.
.................

No comments:
Post a Comment