Google Tag

Saturday 26 October 2024

Something Different Tonight

 


I wanted to do something a little different tonight for the two Album Features. It has been so frantic at IDHAS this year and surprising opportunities arriving to consider that I have been wanting to do something a little different, if only for one day.

I've also been a little nostalgic for Anything Should Happen, not that it will ever return. But I liked the collaboration, the anything goes genre wise, the old and the new and the pleasure of something Live, or Demo'd. The Live part hit home most.

So I wanted to celebrate two bands via a Live Recording. Those bands are Spygenius and Custard Flux. The fact that the two recordings are from two Dream Of Doctor Sardonicus Festivals also allows me to celebrate the magnificent work that Sendelica's Pete Bingham and Fruits De Mer's Keith Jones do for the scene. Both are taken for granted too often.

So coming up are Spygenius's performance last year at the 19th Festival, something that I've wanted to cover for quite a while. The second features a man who was once in the greatest Band in the land and now heads one just as great. So you also have Custard Flux's appearance at this year's 20th Festival.


...............

No comments:

Post a Comment