Google Tag

Sunday 11 April 2021

So Guitar Pop Rock Is Dead Eh?

 


Amazingly, I Don't Hear A Single reaches the five year mark in July and has reached the 600,000 hit mark. This isn't self celebratory nepotism, but an answer to those who constantly denigrate the genre.
This number is wholly due to the quality of the new music that is around. It also shows that New Music does interest and enthuse people.

Lockdown has helped the growth. These last three months have seen record numbers visiting IDHAS. Incidentally, since Brexit, the European following has grown and grown, particularly in France. There seems less and less Blogs covering new music in this genre than five years ago and this has been a tough 12 months for Musicians.

So my request, as always, is if you like it, please buy it. I purposely do not have Spotify or Apple Music, simply because it gives little benefit to musicians, financially or promotion wise. Physical product sales may still be in decline, so please remember that artists still get the bulk of the money when you buy a download. Likes do not pay bills or go towards funding their next release.


........................ 

2 comments:

  1. Well said Don! Yes, please buy physical albums if you like an artist, folks... & congratulations on 600,000 views IDHAS :) - Vic, Star Collector

    ReplyDelete
  2. I check the site every day! The most recent thing you turned me onto was Caddy - I bought 2 of his CD's already, & posting this reminds me to go get that new one now! Off I go! Exclamation marks!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete