Google Tag

Wednesday 22 April 2020

I Don't Hear A Single Audio Extravaganza Volume 97



There's been a surprising amount of attention given to the Audio Extravaganza this week. Maybe it is because we are approaching 100, I don't know. It does appear to be a mainstay in the Mixcloud Global Indie Rock Chart, but I wouldn't say we had a major impact, although it would be nice if we did. I've always thought of this as a small part of I Don't Hear A Single and as with the Blog, never worried about numbers. I've never thought I'm wonderful if the numbers are high or rubbish if they are low. I just concentrate on what I like and hope you do too. If only one person listens, they are discovering artists that they wouldn't.

As for content we stick to what we know. I don't see the point in starting all sorts of things, the Blog just evolves and is very different than when it started almost four years ago. But I've completed two interviews about the Audio Extravaganza and have yet to do a third about that and the Blog in general.

When I compile the Volume, I always think it's great and the track selection and order is right. After posting, I realise it is not quite as spot on as intended, but there is the odd time that you think, wow this is spot on. It isn't very often as I'm hyper self critical, so when one does I feel chuffed.

Volume 97 is one such delight. I've played Jim's Mix through twice and it really does fit the remit. 22 songs, only the opener is archive. Thanks as always to Jim Moody for his technical excellence. You can listen to the previous IDHAS Audio Extravaganzas on Mixcloud here.


Here are the contents of Volume 97:

01 Icicle Works - Hollow Horse (Extended Version)
02 Green Day - Wild One (Otis Big Guitar Mix)
03 Surrender Human - Boxcar Reel
04 Wyldlife - Crime Of The Scene
05 Girl Skin - Forever & Always
06 Chris Church - Someday's Coming Fast
07 R.E. Seraphin - Today Will Be Kind
08 Andrew Van Orsdale - Construction Paper Tigers
09 Andronoids - She
10 The Corner Laughers - The Accepted Time
11 Fallon Cush - Foreign Films
12 Best Coast - Everything Has Changed
13 Shrug Life - Last Gasp of Summer
14 Micah Schnabel - Memory Currency
15 The Warlocks - Dear Son
16 The Drywall Heels - Tomahawk
17 Noise Box - On And Off
18 Ballzy Tomorrow - I Want To Make It Up To You
19 The Britannicas - Walls & Stars
20 Loft Beach - Spaceman
21 Danny Henry - Listen To The City
22 Aura Zorba - Tarot



IDHAS Audio Extravaganza Volume 97 Mixcloud Link 



Or Click Below








............

2 comments:

  1. Great show !! Hollow Horse is one of my all time fave tracks Nice to hear it on your show. Some fab music on your blog Thanks a lot !!!!

    ReplyDelete